Certificates of Origin
A member benefit for members shipping products overseas.
Any and all Certificates of Origin and additional papers submitted to the Houston Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce are to be filled out truthfully and the products named on the Certificate of Origin are manufactured in the United States of America origin.
The Certificate of Origin must be filled out completely and notarized before being presented to the Houston Metropolitan Chamber. There is no charge for member stamps. This is a member benefit. Nonmembers must join the Chamber to access this member benefit.
The Chamber staff member has the right of refusal for any document that they feel does not meet the Houston Metropolitan Chamber guidelines. Please contact us to make an appointment to have your certificate stamped.
1. Make sure you are filling out the proper Certificates of Origin for the country to which you are exporting.
2. Make sure you fill out the Certificate completely and accurately.
3. Make sure that the product information listed is verbatim to what is on the invoice. Do not leave off product numbers, quantities, or descriptions.
4. Do not alter the Certificate in any way. 5. Have the Certificate notarized before bringing to the Chamber to be signed and stamped.
6. Do not wait until the day of your shipment to bring in your certificate.
7. Check with the Chamber office anytime during or near the holidays to confirm holiday hours.